I would ask what the first thing is that comes to your mind after seeing the city name, but this is a family website, and I am not about to write about the “special” cafes, adult museums or red light district.
Seriously though, the city is full of culture and art at every turn. Describing all the city has to offer could take up an entire website, so I will provide a few highlights:
- Van Gogh Museum – There’s something different about standing face to face with Van Gogh’s paintings. They are really spectacular and worth a few hours of your time.
- Anne Frank House – History is well preserved at the Anne Frank house. This is an educational trip.
- Heineken – Take a tour of a world-famous beer factory.
- Tulips – People come from all over the world to see the seemingly endless fields of beautiful tulips.
- Canal tours – The city is mostly water. A canal tour is a fun way to see the city, and you’ll also get great views of the popular houseboats.
Check out my Amsterdam experience in photos.